Sunday 7 July 2013

En suite design

I've more or less designed the en-suite layout and decided on the furniture and fittings. As with most things to do with building, it's a series of compromises but I think the end result will be good.

I'm having a wet room rather than a conventional shower enclosure. This fits nicely with the shape and size of the room and will have a more spacious feel to it.

The vanity unit will be in oak with a granite-topped basin and oak cupboards to either side, giving plenty of room for storage.

The room will have underfloor electric heating and, in addition, a tall heated towel rail which can run off the central heating or electricity as required. Lighting will be by concealed LED down-lighters. Not sure how many I'll need yet - probably two or three. I still have to decide on the tiling but that decision can be left for a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment