The intervening six months gave the new landscaping time to settle in and afforded the grass seeded areas the opportunity to become established. A few minor cracks started appearing in the plaster, mainly around the join between old and new and the pointing work on the patio suffered a bit during the winter.
With the arrival of spring the final touches are now being applied. These are:
- Adding a wall to the utility room, to create a hallway for the back door into the kitchen
- Installing LED down-lighting in the kitchen and utility room
- Fitting a new wrought iron gate at the side of the bungalow and improving the wall behind the summer house
- Fitting a new, wider front gate, straightening the access line into the driveway and generally tidying up the front of the property
- Fixing those cracks
- Reworking the pointing on the main patio area, which suffered a bit during the winter frosts
- Painting the exterior.